Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl

January 31- February 1st - We arrived at the Russell's Saturday late in the afternoon.  We were treated to a mini concert by Derek's garage band and then we had a delicious dinner of waffles with berry sauce and watched a movie.  We watched "Gifted Hands" the Ben Carson story.  Jake and I had watched it a few days before but we loved it and thought it would be a great and inspiring movie for the kiddos to watch too.  
The next morning we got up and went to church at our old ward in Maple Valley.  It was fun to see lots of old friends and feel welcomed.  After that we headed home to watch the big game.




The game is always way more fun to watch when Seattle is playing.  There was a neighborhood parade and fireworks when they scored.    It was disappointing when the lost --especially when it looked they were going to win but then threw a stupid interception ---and lost to the Patriots 24-28. The truth is I don't care all that much about football, so I just enjoy the fun of spending time with the Russell's, good food and good friends.


Brigette never disappoints when it comes to decorating for the theme. She also had a super cute string with flags on it that I forgot to get a picture of.  I only had my phone to take photos with and was still sort of hobbling around after my half marathon -- so that is my lame excuse.





No comments: