Saturday, February 28, 2015

January - February Basketball

Three kids playing basketball at once is a lot to juggle.  Luckily Tasha only had practices on Fridays and Tamsyn and Thurston practiced at the same time one of their two times a week.

Thurston played up (meaning he played in the 3rd/4th grade league).  He was usually the smallest on the court, but he is a good ball handler and played the point guard for his team.  He scored in most games and is a great passer for his age.  He is quite fun to watch.
1/17/15  He is number 4 on defense in this photo.

1/24/15

One of Tasha's last tournaments.  She was new to this team who has been playing together for quite a while so she definitely lacked confidence.  It was a good experience for her, but hopefully we can plan to get an all La Center team together to give her and the other La Center guard some leadership opportunity.



These pictures grandma Alyce took while Jake and I were in NYC for Toy Fair.  2-14
Cory Allen coached Tamsyn's team for me while I was gone. Alyce sent me a text during the game that said "Tamsyn just dribbled the length of the gym and made a layup!"  She also sent me one after Thurston's game -- "Thurston scored the only two baskets."



When the season started I was very concerned about my team.  Only a couple of girls had ever played before (one of them Tamsyn) and I knew the other La Center team had mostly girls who had played together for 3 years.  I was afraid we were going to get blown out every game.  Luckily I think we really only got blown out once and the rest of the games were either close or we would have won if the score had been kept.  The girls came a long way and learned a lot and I ended up having a lot of fun working with them and seeing them progress.
Feruary 28th - day of the last game
Savannah made me this super cute candy bar card at the end of the season.  I don't like to worry about having a party or trophies so we just gathered after the last game.  Meagan (Hazel's mom) had picked up water bottles at the dollar store and put the girls names on them and I put starbursts in them for each girl (their team name was Starbursts).






No comments: