Sunday, July 31, 2016

May 4, 2016

For Jake's 40th birthday I spent a few months gathering memories from people in his life from when he was a small child to now.  I tried to do it without him knowing, so sometimes it was hard to get in contact with people I knew he would want to hear from.  Luckily he leaves his email open on the computer, so I was able to get email addresses and go through his Facebook friends to help remember other names of people I should try and contact.  My goal was to get at least 40 people to participate and I ended up with more than that.  Jake really enjoyed the book, and we all had fun reading some of the stories about him, especially ones from his mission and college years. All in all I think it was a success.


We got a kick out of  what Grandma Helen wrote in his card!

We had Jake open his presents in the morning before he left for work, because the afternoon and evening was going to be filled with baseball games, track meets and church meetings.



Thurston brought home some certificates from their school assemblies- Excellence in Goal Setting from April 27th and Excellence in Self Reflection from March 3rd.


Thurston also has been asking for weeks if he could bring Hawthorne in to his class for "Share Day"
It took a while for me to get to it because he needed to have his shots and it never seems like a good day to bring a cat to school.




No comments: