Monday, November 14, 2016

Nov. 2nd and 3rd

Nov. 2 - Tamsyn and Grandma Alyce doing some Yoga before school



Strideouts at XC practice.  These girls are ready for state!


After looking for several weeks for a missing library book I told Dantley that we might just have to pay for the book since we couldn't find it anywhere and I wanted him to be able to check out more books on library day.  It had been over a month since he had been able to check out a book.  He agreed that he should pay for the book and went and got his birthday money- two $5 bills to cover the $9.68 for the book.


He took it to school and gave it to his teacher who later texted me and told me that after Dantley had used his birthday money to pay for the lost book the librarian double checked the shelves and found the missing book.  No wonder we couldn't find it!  It was already returned... which meant that Dantley got his birthday money back.





















Nov. 3 - A few months ago a Kelsey and I decided we wanted to go see the musical Beautiful when it came to Portland.  I love it so much I thought that lots of other ladies would too.  In order to get group rate tickets we needed to buy 15 tickets.  Luckily it wasn't too difficult to find 15 willing women.  We did end up with one cancellation last minute and since Alyce was in town she got to use that ticket and go.  So it turned out great. I didn't take any pictures, but these are a few that Barbara Sassy took -- and Joy took the selfie of the ladies that were in our van.  We didn't think to get a picture of the whole group before we went our separate ways.







































Today Alyce helped me cut and mount all of these cards I made for the XC team. I used pictures that John Dunkle took of each of them to make them more personalized.

No comments: