Sunday, September 18, 2016

May 20-22nd Quick Trip to Gig Harbor

May 20-22nd
Jake had been in the process of interviewing with a company in Kent and though none of us really want to move we both felt like that if he got the job it might be the right thing for our family to do.  It is a bit strange because I felt like I was willing to do it if it was the right thing and even though it made me want to cry just thinking about it -- I love our house, I love the kid's school and our ward -- I also felt like I needed to be willing to put in the Lord's hands.  If he got the job we would move.  We decided to go up to the Seattle area last minute this weekend to look at different areas to live.  Moving back to Maple Valley didn't feel right, so we wanted to look at some different places and see if there was a place that felt like a good fit.



It was so fun to see Paige and meet her cute little guy Mason.  Dex is a little crack up and had the girls eating out of the palm of his hand. Carter and Dantley have been buddies since they were toddlers so it is always fun to see them together.


We stayed with Paige in Gig Harbor and even looked around that area - but it didn't feel like a good fit for us with the long commute it would create.  We also looked in Issaquah and though the schools were great, we felt claustrophobic.  Finally we looked in Enumclaw on our last day on the way home and felt like we could breath there.  We were a bit relieved when things didn't work out and we got to stay in our home.  I still feel like it was almost a test to see if we were willing to go even though it would have been extra hard.  I know it sounds strange, but it makes sense in my mind.

No comments: